Cancer is big business, no doubt about it. But did you know that the treatment your doctor orders could actually increase the likelihood that you will become a repeat customer? Conventional cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation actually promote cancer. Yes, you read that correctly… they promote cancer!
Cancer is increasingly becoming a survivable disease, yet the treatments cause considerable collateral damage – including initiating new, second cancers.
Second cancers are cancers unrelated to the original cancer, which can be triggered by the very same imbalances or cancer-causing agents that led to the first cancer. In fact, doctors sometimes refer to the risk of a second cancer as “friendly fire” – that is treatment for one cancer resulting in the initiation of a second cancer. How in God’s name could any doctor fail to mention to a patient the possibility that second cancers can be created by the very
Even more shocking a Washington state research team discovered chemotherapy does not in any way treat or cure cancer. To the contrary, their research showed that invasive, chemo treatments actually cause the development and spread of cancer cells, making the disease exponentially harder to treat. The study confirms that chemotherapy, the go-to cancer treatment in Western medicine, is a
According to the study, chemotherapy causes healthy cells to release WNT16B, a protein that actually helps cancer cells to flourish. The research team showed undeniably that chemotherapy damages the DNA of healthy cells, a critical factor as this is a long-lasting issue that persists long after treatments are concluded. This is exemplified by secondary cancers, which likely return after an initial cancer diagnosis in a vast majority of survivors. Secondary cancers often originate in an entirely separate area of the body from the first diagnosis and are typically much more aggressive and harder to treat.
How Long Has it Been Known That Chemotherapy and Radiation Can Lead to Second Cancers?The link between chemotherapy and radiation and the development of second cancers has been known for decades! Even the American Cancer Society acknowledges that radiotherapy and chemotherapy are carcinogens and may increase risk for developing a second cancer, and that the risk is even higher when both therapies are given together. Yet still this information is not typically shared with patients or is severely downplayed by oncologists.
Chemotherapy and Second CancersChemotherapy targets the DNA of cancer cells, specifically rapidly dividing cells. However, in the process it also impacts healthy cells. Risk is dose and treatment-duration related.
The most common cancers linked to chemotherapy drugs are AML (acute myelogenous leukemia) and MDS (myelodysplastic syndrome). The news of ABC’s Good Morning America host Robin Robert’s diagnosis of MDS is a perfect example.
Radiation and Second Cancers
Beyond the obvious link from radiation exposure to cancer (Chernobyl, Fukushima, and atomic bomb blasts in Japan) and all the credible new information linking
Radiation therapy has been linked to the occurrence of solid tumors of the lung, stomach, and bone, and to various types of leukemia such as AML (acute myelogenous leukemia), CML (
The Links Between Chemotherapy and Radiation to Second Cancers are Known and Vast
- Chemotherapy drugs that are alkylating agents such as mechlorethamine, cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil, melahalan, and others interfere with a cell’s DNA that can sometimes cause AML and MDS.
- Non-alkylating chemotherapy agents (platinum-based drugs) such as cisplatin and carboplatin attack cancer cells in a similar way, increasing the risk for leukemia. Risk is dose related and the risk of developing leukemia increases even more if radiation is given along with cisplatin or carboplatin (or other platins).
- In the case of topoisomerase II inhibitors such as Etoposide, Teniposide, and Mitoantrone, the drugs stop cells from being able to repair DNA, sometimes causing leukemia, often within as little as 2-3 years. Anthracyclines, while still topoisomerase II inhibitors, are less likely to cause leukemia.
- Targeted therapy drugs such as Zelboraf and Tafinlar, which are used to treat melanoma, increase the risk of squamous cell carcinomas of the skin.
- Patients given immunosuppressive medication (they suppress the immune system), such as cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil and nitrogen
mustard(for treatment or during organ transplants) are proven to develop second cancers.
- Radiation treatment for breast cancer significantly increases risk for developing lung cancer.
- Radiation treatment to the prostate can result in carcinomas.
- Chemo used to treat lymphomas and breast cancer can initiate bladder cancer.
- Chemo has been linked to the initiation of testicular cancer.
- Prior cancer treatments are a key risk factor for subsequent neoplasms for childhood cancer survivors.
Stem cell transplantsincrease risk of second cancers from the chemotherapy and radiation used as well as the associated suppression of the immune system.
Sadly, many oncologists do not inform their patients that the treatments they prescribe could possibly lead to a second cancer. Now you know and The Truth About Cancer is here to educate and empower you with this knowledge and information.
Cancer will kill over 8 million people this year.
True cures are being suppressed and the mainstream media has played a big role in keeping people in the dark on how to prevent such a dire diagnosis.
An explosively powerful documentary series is about to play online, and it will be free to view for a limited time. This is something ‘they’ do not want you to see! Although the landmark documentary features interviews with many of the world’s leading cancer experts, the mainstream media refused to air it. Pharmaceutical companies are one of MSM’s biggest sources of income, so you can imagine why you haven’t heard anything about this series on television. You’ll discover the most effective ways to prevent and beat cancer you won’t see anywhere else.
This documentary series has already saved numerous lives.
Each episode in the 9-part series is packed full of incredible information, survivor stories and much more in the pursuit to finally find a cure and eradicate cancer.
Please don’t miss this amazing opportunity to learn The Truth About Cancer. Sign up to see this incredible series for free here. It could save your life.
The Truth About Cancer can be viewed by clicking here. You can also take the cancer assessment quiz and determine your risk level by clicking here.