by Ann Miller
- Tea Tree Oil - Tea tree oil addresses a wide range of skin conditions, and it can gently remove skin tags as well. Soak a cotton swab in the oil and rub it over the skin tag very gently, using circular motions. Do this twice a day until the skin tag disappears.
- Aloe Vera - It’s important that you use pure aloe vera extract for this remedy to work; you cannot use lotion with aloe vera added. Rub some onto the skin tag twice per day, every day. The skin tag should disappear within two weeks.
- Pineapple Juice - The acid in the pineapple juice can easily remove skin tags. Use the same method above, and be sure you don’t wash off the pineapple juice once it’s applied. The skin tag should be gone within a week or two.
- Lemon Juice - As with pineapple juice, the natural acid in lemon juice will gently erode the skin tag when applied twice per day. Chances are you already have lemon juice in your refrigerator, so why not try it today? With regular applications of the juice, your skin tag can be gone within the next week.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - This too is very acidic and will remove the skin tag naturally, but the vinegar takes longer to work than the juices mentioned above. If you apply it with a cotton ball every day, twice per day, you may see the tag gone within a month.
- Aspirin - Dissolve an aspirin tablet in a quarter cup of water and then soak a cotton ball in this mixture. Dab this onto the skin tag and cover the area with a band-aid, not removing the solution from the skin tag. The aspirin mixture will soak in and fade the skin tag. For this to work, you need actual aspirin; this is not a time to substitute ibuprofen or acetaminophen as you might when you get a headache!
- Castor Oil and Baking Soda - To use this method, make a thick paste of the castor oil and the baking soda and then apply it to your skin tag. Cover it with a bandage and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash with warm water and repeat unit the tag disappears, usually within two weeks.
- Vitamin E Oil - As with aloe vera, you need to use pure vitamin E oil and not a lotion or cream with the oil simply added. Rub some of the oil on the skin tag twice per day, every day. The skin tag should disappear within about ten days.
- Potato - Cut a thin slice of white potato and put it over the skin tag and hold it in place with a bandage. Wear this for a few hours, until the slice feels dry. Repeat this every day until the skin tag disappears, usually within a week.
- Banana Peel - The potassium and other essential minerals in bananas help to remove skin tags, and you can treat yours by slicing a small part of a banana peel and placing it onto your skin tag at night. Be sure the inside of the peel is facing your skin tag, and keep it in place with a bandage. Wear it overnight and gently wipe the skin tag in the morning. Do this every night until the skin tag is gone, usually within two weeks.