Nail fungus also known as onychomycosis is a very common problem among men and women of any age. Although nail fungus usually occurs on toenails, this unpleasant occurrence can also appear on the hands. Many people don’t pay much attention to this problem because they don’t know that nail fungus can lead to some serious health problems.
Nail Fungus Home RemediesBaking soda has strong alkaline properties which can be used against nail fungus. Baking soda won’t remove fungus, but it will stop its growth and spreading.
- Mix baking soda and warm water (2:1 ratio) and create a paste. Put the paste on the affected area with a piece of cotton. Leave the paste for about 25 minutes and remove it. Repeat this procedure two times a day for 30 days.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda, three cups of water and one cup of white vinegar. Put your feet in this mixture for about 20 minutes and use paper towels to pat dry your feet. Repeat the procedure twice a day for 30 days.
- Take same amounts of oregano oil and virgin olive oil and mix them. Use a piece of cotton to apply the mixture on the affected area and leave it like that for about ten minutes. After that, scrub the first layer of the nail with a toothbrush. Once you are finished use lukewarm water to clean the nail. Perform this procedure once a day for about 3 weeks.
Listerine is another substance that has strong antiseptic properties that can be used to remove nail fungus symptoms. In addition, Listerine also contains thymol, a compound with antifungal properties.
- Take same amounts of apple cider vinegar and Listerine and mix them. Use a pad of cotton and soak it in the solution. Put the pad on the nails. Use a tape to wrap the cotton. Wait for about 45 minutes and after that use a toothbrush to scrub the nail. Use this home remedy on a daily basis for one month and the fungus will be removed.
- Take eight garlic cloves and crush them. After that, add them in lukewarm water in order to create nice foot bath. Put your hand or feet in the solution for about 30 minutes. Wipe the moisture and put some petroleum jelly on the nails. Use this remedy for 15 days in a row (once a day) and you will remove nail fungus completely.
- There is another remedy that involves garlic that can be quite useful too. Crush three garlic cloves and mix them with olive oil. Massage the area with a cotton ball soaked in the mixture. After a couple of minutes, wrap the cotton ball with a tape on the affected nails. Leave it like that for few hours and then clean the area with water. Use this remedy for several weeks in a row once a day.
Read more: http://www.healthandlovepage.com/nail-fungus-home-remedies/#ixzz3Uxw1jqIz
Follow us: @HealthAndLovePa on Twitter | HealthAndLovePage on Facebook