Sunday, July 16, 2017

Ozone Dramatically Improves Arthritic Joint

Reposted from Dr. Brownstein

http://blog.drbrownstein.com/ozone-dramatically-improves-arthritic-joint/

Mary is a 48-year-old patient suffering with a long history of rheumatoid arthritis.  I have seen Mary for many years before she moved out of state and then, I began to see her infrequently.  It had been a few years since I had last seen her but she came to me complaining of severe swelling in her ankle joint.  “I feel like I won’t be able to walk soon as the pain and swelling just get worse and worse.  Mary had seen a rheumatologist who recommended that she go on a new rheumatoid drug such as Enbrel.  Mary did not to take this medication because of the adverse effects which include increasing the risk for serious infections and cancer.

When I saw Mary, she had a very swollen right ankle.  It was visibly swollen as you can see below.  It was also very painful when I was examining it.



The conventional approach to treating an ankle like this is to prescribe potent non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs followed by steroids and then medications like Enbrel. These therapies are all associated with serious adverse reactions.

I suggested that Mary try an ozone shot directly into her ankle joint.  Ozone is a gas which consists of three atoms of oxygen (O3).  I have found ozone injections extremely helpful for most arthritic conditions, sciatica, disc problems, as well as many other conditions.  I injected Mary with 10 cc ozone gas (40 gamma) directly into her ankle joint.  I told Mary that I thought ozone would help get rid of the swelling but that it may take a couple of injections.  Since she was only in town for a few days, I asked her to return the next day for an evaluation and perhaps another ozone shot.

The next day I saw Mary walking down the hall.  She had a big smile on her face and she was no longer limping.  She gave me hug and said the ankle pain went away a few hours after the shot and the swelling resolved shortly thereafter.  “It is so wonderful to be able to walk again,” she stated.

Here is a picture of Mary’s ankle 24 hours after one ozone injection.



Twenty-four hours post-injection, May had minimal swelling—I estimated that over 95% of the swelling was resolved.  She was pain free upon physical exam.

Folks, the medical use of ozone has transformed my practice.  Ozone has many positive effects for the human body including:

  • Improving blood circulation and oxygenation to all the tissues and organs of the body
  • Upregulating cellular antioxidant enzymes
  • Stimulating neuroendocrine pathways
Ozone therapy should be taught in all medical schools.  All doctors should be knowledgeable about how to use ozone in the human body.  It truly is a wonderful therapy to employ.  If you are interested in more information about ozone, I refer you to my newest book, Ozone:  The Miracle Therapy.